Saturday, May 29, 2010

Tri Town Cruzers, May 28th, 2010

Friday evening saw Cruisin’ Photography take its second trip to CT Golf Land in Vernon for the Tri Town Cruzers Friday night cruise. As seems to be the case with this club, the cruise was another very well attended event.

Some superb cars were to be found. Some of the standouts were a fabulous, all-original 1954 Chevrolet four-door sedan and a great selection of Chevy Corvettes. Upholding Ford honors were Kim Kerr’s 1976 Ford Falcon XB “MadMax” from Australia and a healthy gathering of Mustangs from all eras.

To describe the event in just a few lines really wouldn’t do it justice. Next time you have a free Friday why not take a ride to Vernon and have a look for yourself?

Cruisin’s Star Car
Say hello to “Molly”, our latest star car. This 1932 Buick Series 50 Four-Door Sedan belongs to Pat, our first female star car owner, from Manchester, CT.

Pat told Cruisin’: “As I grew up, I started to became interested in cars. When I was 16, I found a car that I liked. It cost $100, which back then was like a million and my mother wasn’t giving me the money. To earn some money, I started babysitting. I made 25 cents a night, never 50. I was never able to buy the car.

“I bought Molly around four years ago. I liked her because, like me, she was born in the thirties. A friend of mine found the car on the Internet and sent me a picture. The Buick looked just as you see her here.

“The paint is blue, but as the sun rises and sets everyday, it makes it look different colors. Sometimes it’s a little more purplish or black. The eight-cylinder engine [345ci] runs well. I love the interior. I love being surrounded by all of the windows. On a warm day I have them all rolled down!

“I drive it to the grocery store – people usually come over to look and ask questions. I am usually at Vernon every Friday night. I might go to three-to-four shows a week.”

No comments:

Post a Comment