Wednesday, June 16, 2010

New York Mustangs Cruise For Wishes, June 12th, 2010

On Saturday June 12th, Cruisin’ Photography was commissioned to be the official event photographer for the New York Mustangs (http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/) Cruise For Wishes held at the Thomas Bull Memorial Park in Montgomery, NY. The event was a fundraiser for the Make A Wish Foundation

Writing a blog report on such a worthy event will never fully describe the work that goes into staging such a day, so allow to me quote the poignant words that organizer Mike Ford posted on the New York Mustangs website forum:
“Yesterday we all took part in a fundraiser benefiting the Make-A-Wish Foundation. The goal of the fundraiser was to raise enough money to grant the wish of a child with a life-threatening disease. We all came together as one to change a child's life. Think about that for a second. Think about what that really means. I can honestly say that I have been so wrapped up in organizing and setting up for the show that I haven't sat back and thought about the true meaning of this in a while. I really cannot express how honored, humbled, proud, excited and privileged I feel to have been a part of this with such a great group of people. To sit here and think how everybody came together as one to help out a child in need and do something good with what we have, truly is amazing. I cannot thank you all enough for making this possible. Everybody knew that the goal was a large one so each and every one of you stepped up and went above and beyond to make this happen. It couldn't have been done without all of your generosity and our sponsors’ generosity.

“As I sit here and reflect on the day we had yesterday, I can't help but to get a little emotional. I am extremely proud to say that because of all of you, everybody who helped make this possible, our fellow New York Mustangs members and beyond, we have successfully reached our goal and raised $7,385!”

No comments:

Post a Comment