Friday, August 13, 2010

Ralphs Rapid Transit Mopar Cruiz-In, July 17th, 2010








As seems to be a July habit, KAthy and I stopped by the Mopar Cruiz-In on the 17th and was lucky (?) enough to witness some of the most torrential rain that I’d ever seen. Within seconds the parking lot resembled a small lake with cars causing bow waves in the puddles as they drove through them! I saw the storm approaching and found some cover before the drenching arrived. I remembered my old sports editor’s words from my local newspaper days in England of “Keep shooting!” I did and got some of the most unusual cruise night pictures I’ve taken thus far. For me, the remarkable thing about all this was when the rain stopped, the car owners just came out from their shelter, mopped off their cars and carried on with the evening. A real moment came later that evening when the “Flashback” Super Stock dragster was fired up much to the enjoyment of the crowd gathered around the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment